lame

Mr Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 26 04:06:50 UTC 2009

Fabio FZero wrote:
> Hm, it seems there's something missing in your system. Your sox says:
>
> "SUPPORTED FILE FORMATS: m3u pls"
>
> While mine says:
>
> "AUDIO FILE FORMATS: 8svx aif aifc aiff aiffc al amb au avr caf cdda
> cdr cvs cvsd cvu dat dvms f32 f4 f64 f8 fap flac fssd gsm hcom htk ima
> ircam la lpc lpc10 lu mat mat4 mat5 maud nist ogg paf prc pvf raw s1
> s16 s2 s24 s3 s32 s4 s8 sb sd2 sds sf sl smp snd sndfile sndr sndt sou
> sox sph sw txw u1 u16 u2 u24 u3 u32 u4 u8 ub ul uw vms voc vorbis vox
> w64 wav wavpcm wv wve xa xi
> PLAYLIST FORMATS: m3u pls"
>
> You said you use Ubuntu (which version BTW?), so maybe you should
> install ubuntu-restricted-extras to see if anything else shows in that

Okay I ran 'sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras'.

That did it! The sox command still gives me the same problem, but I
don't care because Sound Juicer can now extract files directly to .mp3.

Also, Audacity can now export as .mp3 (it couldn't before installing
ubuntu-restricted-extras).

So, your command made everything work!

Thanks,

Chris