saw this on slashdot

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 18 20:39:00 UTC 2009

Saw the following on slasdot:

supersloshy writes "The Consumerist reports an incident where an
anonymous reader's netbook's protection plan was apparently voided
when he installed Linux on it. "The manager of the Geek Squad informed
me that installing Ubuntu Linux on my machine voided my warranty, and
that I could only have it serviced if the original Windows
installation was restored.", says the anonymous reader. However, his
problem was because his "touchpad and power adapter had been broken",
which is clearly a hardware issue. He re-installed Windows so he could
have them repair his netbook, but they insisted that Linux caused the
problem and kicked him out of the store."
Link to Original Source

http://consumerist.com/2009/12/geek-squad-wouldnt-honor-my-netbooks-protection-plan.html

--

Dave Germiquet