Has anyone deployed an Eucalyptus Cluster (Was: Is there interest in a talk on clustering?)

Jon VanAlten vanaltj-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 18 19:46:51 UTC 2009

I haven't yet used Eucalyptus myself, but I have looked into it (well,
soon after it was first released).  It is more of a cloud
infrastructure than a clustering tool, although as such it is
certainly possible to deploy a cluster on a Eucalyptus cloud.  At the
time that I was looking at it, it was API compatible with EC2; they
actually recommended that users install Amazon's command line tools to
manage instances on it.  The main differences being 1) Open Source,
and 2) Bring Your Own Hardware Infrastructure.

cheers,

jon