Is there interest in a talk on clustering?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 17 23:02:44 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:37 PM, colin davidson
<colinpdavidson-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'd be interested. Also, if there is too much for a single
> presentation, could it be broken down into several.
>
> For instance:
>
> - An introduction to clustering, what it's good for and how to set up
> a basic cluster.
> - Virtualization, KVM, XEN (and others) pros, and gotchas.
> - Virtual Machines on clusters, starting, stopping, migrating etc.

It seems to me that clustering and virtualization should be treated
separately, notably since we have had a number of talks on the latter
over the last couple of years.

There are more than plenty of clustering issues dealing with the
handling of failures where VM hasn't necessarily got a lot to say.
Pablo Picasso  - "Computers are useless. They can only give you
answers." - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html