top problems with Windows 7

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 15 18:05:25 UTC 2009

This provides an interesting perspective on users' problems with Windows
7:
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/12/most-windows-7-issues-are-upgrade-woes.ars

It would be good to have a similar analysis of each Linux distro.

I don't think that this reflects badly on Win 7.  Users will always have
problems.

Interestingly, I think that the bulk of the reported problems are due to
switching a machine to Win 7 -- at least the top four, 79%).  And yet most
Win7 users probably don't switch a machine to Win 7, they get one with it
already installed (95% is suggested by the article, but it may not apply
to this sample).

All this doesn't quite add up.