Ruby 1.8.6 and its patches

Fabio FZero fabio.fzero-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 13 21:52:16 UTC 2009

If your main objective is to use Ruby on Rails, I'd recommend you to
skip the official distribution and get Ruby Enterprise Edition. Aside
from being an optimized build that enables the copy-on-write feature
of Phusion Passenger (mod_rails), it's made to ensure total
compatibility with rails.

http://www.rubyenterpriseedition.com/
http://www.modrails.com/

I use both on debian-based production servers, but both packages come
with wizard-style scripts to build everything from source.

[]s
FZero - finally sending my first email to TLUG. :-)