more ISP advice: wasTeksavvy ISP

Michael Lauzon mlauzon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 10 22:00:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 16:44, Darryl Moore <darryl-90a536wCiRb3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Sadly true about the traffic shaping I'm afraid.
>
> On the other hand they are at least $10/month more than my current ISP;
> do not offer static IP (If they did I'm sure it would cost more again);
> Block ports such as SMTP, has TOS that disallows servers; and limits
> monthly data xfer.
>
> Thanks. I'll stick with the DSL resellers and put up with Bells traffic
> shaping.

Well, I was with Bell for a few months, so I know, however it was
different when I lived in Edmonton in 2007, Shaw Cable traffic shaped
the hell out of everything, and when you confronted them on it they
lied to you and said they didn't do that; Telus on the other hand
hardly if ever traffic shaped at the time.

I am currently using Rogers for everything: Digital VIP + HDPVR (don't
have an HDTV, but it's the only way to get the PVR now), phone, and
High Speed Ultimate (50Mbps down/2Mbps up; 175GB cap, 0.50/GB if you
go over the cap).

--
Sincerely,

Michael Lauzon