more ISP advice: wasTeksavvy ISP

Darryl Moore darryl-90a536wCiRb3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 10 21:44:30 UTC 2009

Michael Lauzon wrote:

> Rogers isn't so bad, at least they don't traffic shape the hell out of
> things like Bell does.

Sadly true about the traffic shaping I'm afraid.

On the other hand they are at least $10/month more than my current ISP;
do not offer static IP (If they did I'm sure it would cost more again);
Block ports such as SMTP, has TOS that disallows servers; and limits
monthly data xfer.

Thanks. I'll stick with the DSL resellers and put up with Bells traffic
shaping.