linux and the hp officejet pro 8500 wireless

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 9 20:01:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 01:49:52PM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> we need a new printer and i think i've settled on the one in the subject
> line  (more here:
> http://reviews.cnet.com/multifunction-devices/hp-officejet-pro-8500/4505-3181_7-33518790.html?tag=mncol;txt )
>
> just thought i'd check in before pressing the "buy now" button -- anyone
> have any experience, good or bad, with this printer?  Or is your current
> multifunction so awesome that you HAVE to recommend it over this one?

All I can say is the HP CM8050MFC is a disaster.  I can't anti-recommend
HP printers highly enough.

My sister has an Epson Workforce 500 which has so far worked very well
for her (although she uses windows).  I know printing works fine with
gutenprint though, although for scanning iscan from linux.avasys.jp
seems to currently be the only working option.  Not sure how big of a
group it can deal with.

--
Len Sorensen