OT: Dissolve the CRTC

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 25 15:09:28 UTC 2009

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 05:56:40AM -0400, Michael Lauzon wrote:
> > I found out about this petition last week, it's probably not going to
> > go anywhere like most petitions do, but here is a link to the site:
> >
> > http://dissolvethecrtc.ca/
>
> How about fixing the CRTC instead?  Wouldn't that be possible?
>
> I know that some of the things the FCC does in the US would be nice to
> have here from a consumers point of view (mandetory unencrypted digital
> feeds of local stations on cable for example.  Would make cable TV a
> lot more useful to me.)
>
> But yes the CRTC really doesn't seem to care one bit about what is in
> the interest of consumers at all.

More and more, I'm thinking that rather than even bother, just ignore these
jokers. The thing is, government will never ever represent reality. None of
these people will ever have the slightest idea about what needs to be done
beyond making more money for their friends at the country club.

What will _always_ work is the inevitable tendency of the end user to find ways
of circumventing the idiocy that is implemented by our corporate betters, and
making technology work the way it is supposed to.

The Snafu Principle will prevail :-)