suggestions on UPS for linux / esx

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 25 14:00:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 06:04:59PM -0400, Dave Germiquet wrote:
> How is this one can anyone say?
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1815470&csid=ITD&body=MAIN#detailspecs

It isn't sine wave output which is going to make any decent power supply
less efficient and potentially unhappy.

The charge time is surprisingly high compared to a quality UPS.

Why are only 4 outlets powered on something that claims that much
capacity?

I also wonder why tiger direct is the only place I have ever seen
that brand.

Personally I am just waiting for the next time dell puts the APC SU1500
on sale for around $200 again so I can get a UPS for my wife's desktop.
I can't justify paying $600 for it though, so I will just be patient.

--
Len Sorensen