OT: Abbott & Costello at future shop

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 20 16:22:52 UTC 2009

*There are probably some on this list who still understand the rhythm of
the dialogue below.
For those who aren't, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

*

 */ABBOTT: /*/Hello this is Future Shop. Can I help you?*

COSTELLO: *Thanks I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking
about buying a computer.
*
ABBOTT: *Mac?*

COSTELLO: *No, the name's Lou.
*
ABBOTT: *Your computer?
*
COSTELLO*: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.*

ABBOTT: *Mac?
*
COSTELLO: *I told you, my name's Lou.
*
ABBOTT: *What about Windows?
*
COSTELLO: *Why? Will it get stuffy in here?
*
ABBOTT: *Do you want a computer with Windows?
*
COSTELLO: *I don't know. What will I see when I look at the windows?*

ABBOTT: *Wallpaper.
*
COSTELLO: *Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.*

ABBOTT: *Software for Windows?
*
COSTELLO: *No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write
proposals, track expenses and run my business. What do you have?*

ABBOTT: *Office.*

COSTELLO: *Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?*

ABBOTT: *I just did.*

COSTELLO: *You just did what?
*
ABBOTT: *Recommend something.
*
COSTELLO: *You recommended something?
*
ABBOTT: *Yes.
*
COSTELLO: *For my office?
*
ABBOTT: *Yes.
*
COSTELLO: *OK, what did you recommend for my office?
*
ABBOTT: *Office.
*
COSTELLO: *Yes, for my office!
*
ABBOTT: *I recommend Office with Windows.
*
COSTELLO: *I already have an office with windows! OK, let's just say I'm
sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need? *

ABBOTT: *Word.
*
COSTELLO: *What word?
*
ABBOTT: *Word in Office.
*
COSTELLO: *The only word in office is office.*

ABBOTT: *The Word in Office for Windows.*

COSTELLO: *Which word in office for windows?*

ABBOTT: *The Word you get when you click the blue 'W'.
*
COSTELLO: *I'm going to click your blue 'w' if you don't start with some
straight answers. What about financial bookkeeping? You have anything I
can track my money with?*

ABBOTT: *Money.
*
COSTELLO: *That's right. What do you have?
*
ABBOTT: *Money.
*
COSTELLO: *I need money to track my money?
*
ABBOTT: *It comes bundled with your computer.
*
COSTELLO: *What's bundled with my computer?*

ABBOTT: *Money.
*
COSTELLO: *Money comes with my computer?
*
ABBOTT: *Yes. No extra charge.
*
COSTELLO: *I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?
*
ABBOTT: *One copy.
*
COSTELLO: *Isn't it illegal to copy money?*

ABBOTT: *Microsoft gave us a license to copy Money.
*
COSTELLO: *They can give you a license to copy money?
*
ABBOTT: *Why not? THEY OWN IT!*

(A few days later)

ABBOTT: *Hello, this is Future Shop. Can I help you?*

COSTELLO: *How do I turn my computer off?
*
ABBOTT: *Click on 'START'............./