[OT} Rogers: Very Loud Volumes for Commercials

Stephen stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 14 00:26:20 UTC 2009

I submitted this via the CRTC web site:

 Many broadcasters set the volume of their commercials significantly higher that the main broadcast.

I see you have a "Loud TV commercials and sound levels" study group but after four years they seem to still be studying.

The worst offender in my experience is the Comedy Network. Using the numerical volume scale on my amplifier I calculate the commercial volumes to be as much as 30% higher than the main program.

I have the 13 August episode of "The Daily Show" saved on my PVR as an example of how bad this is.

I complained to my cable provider, Rogers, but they said that they can't do anything because it is broadcaster that is controlling the volume.

Please awaken your study group and make this practise illegal.

Thank you
Stephen Dawson