[OT} Rogers: Very Loud Volumes for Commercials

Stephen stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 13 23:01:33 UTC 2009

I watch through a PVR and have just set up a home theater.

The receiver volume has a numerical scale. I watch talk shows (ex Daily
Show) at 60, then a commercial comes on, and I have to drop it to 45.

It was never bad like this when I connected the PVR to the old TV via
composites and RCA.

I called Roger's tech support and they tried to blame it on the
broadcaster, but I pointed out the worst case was when Roger's
substitutes commercials on US programs. They agreed to send out a techie.

Do others experience this?

Can I do anything? Receiver is an ONKYO 606, if it makes a difference.

All thoughts appreciated.

Stephen