Toronto Open Source Week - Oct 24-30 ?

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 13 22:47:48 UTC 2009

On 13/08/09 05:56 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:
>  - It's suggested as a "trade show", but if the IT360 experience has
> shown us anything,
>    it is that trade shows are a *severely* dying thing

Perhaps the problem with the IT360 and Computing Canada types of trade
shows is that they try to be too many things to too many people. There
is an old marketing adage, "Hot tea sells. Iced tea sells. Lukewarm tea
doesn't." Many of those trade shows were lukewarm tea.

I still think there is much more life in trade shows, if they're
highly-focused.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay