GamerRe:CentOS Project Administrator Goes AWOL

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 7 21:42:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 05:29:58PM -0400, Michael Lauzon wrote:
> The Rampage II Extreme can handle up to 24GB of DDR3-1600 in triple
> channel using and even higher than 1600, usually with a BIOS update,
> however for some reason the RIIE is using chipset software from before
> the X58 came out, and I have no idea why there's been no updates to
> the firmware there.  There was a hidden feature for my mobo, it
> mentions it can do triple SLI, but then in the manual it mentions
> under Vista that it can actually do triple CrossfireX as well, yet
> it's never mentioned anywhere else.

Wow, they did a nice job on that.  The CPU isn't spec'd for it, and the
other X58 boards don't seem to support anything over 1333 with 6 DIMMs.
No wonder it is such an expensive board.

The QVL does list:
G.SKILL F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 3 x 2GB as running with 6 x 2GB at
1600-9-9-9-24.  And that is at below the 1.65V limit too unlike a lot
of DDR3 ram.

I don't see the one you mentioned on the list.

--
Len Sorensen