OT - Being 787 issues, does this mean carbon composite has issues?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 7 15:55:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 02:20:00PM -0400, William Muriithi wrote:
> Agree, A380 issues was somehow related to developing pieces of the plane
> from both Germany and France. However, this would not have occurred were
> both side using the same software vendor.  This begs the question, is it the
> geography or the software politics that came in the way of A380? I tend to
> think its the later.

They were using the same software.  Unfortunately one location had
upgraded to the latest version, while the other one was one version
behind and had not yet gotten around to upgrading.  The two versions
did not talk to each other directly, so they didn't get to immedialtly
see the combination of their work and any conflicts it caused.

--
Len Sorensen