this week's kernel newbie column at linux.com

Rajinder Yadav devguy.ca-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 7 02:15:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Thomas
Milne<tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Ian Petersen<ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Thomas
>> Milne<tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> What the hell is this now??
>>
>> Who knows what went wrong, but the mail headers say the content is
>> base64-encoded.  Decoding it at
>> http://www.opinionatedgeek.com/dotnet/tools/Base64Decode/Default.aspx
>> suggests Rajinder is trying to compliment Robert on his Kernel Newbie
>> column.
>>
>> Rajinder seems to have bottom-posted (I've elided his quoting of Robert):
>>
>>> Nice work, I liked the article. I didn't find it too geek and it helps
>>> me map over my Windows development skills into Linux =)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kind Regards,
>>> Rajinder Yadav
>>
>> Ian
>
> What application would someone use to compose their e-mails in base64? Gimp?

Under firefox if you go to View then Encoding, that might be what
causes the encoding problem, if somehow that was changed on my PC. I
also recall there was power outage for 1 sec last Friday, knocked out
all the PC at work.  Maybe that caused some settings to get messed up
in FF, I know my Outlook was foobar and I had to reinstall it.

I will have to verify and correct on Monday as I am off Friday,
otherwise if I forget just remind me ;)

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav