Linux person uses (tries to use) Mac OS X

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 29 15:54:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:

> For anyone who intends to work at the operating system of a Mac, be aware
> that some Mac keyboards do not include the '|' (ie, pipe-to} symbol.

Wow. Removing a character that is standard on QWERTY keyboards is just
going to cause issues.  The character would have originally been chosen
due to its prevalance.

> The ls command now has an option ls -more to make up for the common
> command sequence ls | more.

I hope it reads $PAGER.

And of course this will completely fail to help me any of the other 500
times I use a | each day :)

Thanks for heads up Peter.

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy