Linux person uses (tries to use) Mac OS X

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 29 16:08:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:25:06AM -0400, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> For anyone who intends to work at the operating system of a Mac, be aware
> that some Mac keyboards do not include the '|' (ie, pipe-to} symbol.
>
> The ls command now has an option ls -more to make up for the common
> command sequence ls | more.
>
> This is probably common knowledge, but I was also surprised to find that
> the Delete key works as a Backspace key and there is no Backspace key.
>
> Minimalism is fine, but this seems a bit strange.

How old is that mac.

This mac keyboard clearly has one, right by the enter key:
http://www.mrtotes.co.uk/UK_Mac_Keyboard.jpg

On macbooks apparently it gets tricky though.

Shift+alt+L -> |
Shift+alt+/ -> \

I guess I won't ever get a macbook as long as the keyboard is like that.
I wouldn't be able to deal with that.

--
Len Sorensen