restating network

Dev Guy devguy-DaQTI0RpDDMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 17 07:25:47 UTC 2009

Thank you Mark, all three commands work like a charm.

I am using yahoo mail and it's retarded with the lines and no wrapping? So I appreciate you painfully reading my email.

I've installed Slackware several times on a PC box as a stand alone server and dual boot. Had hours of fun with lilo, xwindow and building some of the opensource app locally =) ...but I still have a lot to learn when it comes to Linux.

My current PC is fast enough to handle Linux running in VMWare with no issues of sluggish response even with KDE running. I like the rollback feature of VMWare, it's the ultimate undo when you're just playing around! Drive space not an issues for me.

With VMWare and a virtual desktop or dual monitor setup, it's like I have 2 systems running at the same time and I can switch easily and quickly between the OSes, with dual-boot I don't have this option.

Being a Windows C++ developer, I need to be logged into Windows to get work done. I am learning CentOS on VMWare to get good at installing things and general sysadmin so I can use these skills on my remote Linux host when I decide to move my website to a dedicated Linux server.

FYI: I have VMWare running because I can install large-project build that I am testing on the VM and not worry about corruption my system. I can easily do remote debugging from my IDE/debugger into my VM image. It's like I am running the app on my local pc, so I can do all the cool power debugging I need. Once you start using VM in this capacity you will never go back to the old way of coding and debugging, having to reinstall your OS because a test build install went haywire, or the uninstall got botched, etc.

Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav