list of accredited programs in Ontario ?

Peter plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 15 18:10:53 UTC 2009

Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at ...> writes:
> I suspect you'd be better served by pointing at what kinds of
> accreditations you might be interested in, as any reasonable one is
> likely to have some form of professional advocacy/oversight
> organization that would be even better to point at.

I tried it either way, it's a jungle out there, and I have been bitten by the
'creatively' designed accreditation statement of educational institutions abroad
(it said accredited right next to the only thing they were accredited for, the
other 12 or so diploma programs, including the one I took, were not).

Strange as it may seem, naval cabinetry, especially in wood, is an art.
Humidity, salt spray, heating and cooling cycles and engine vibration will turn
most non-expertly made pieces of ship's cabinetry into a pile of noisy, moldy,
smelly useless mushy wood rather fast (a few months). It would deserve a degree
certification.

I am upset because where I come from the accreditation issue is *very* clearly
regulated, precisely because hundreds of diploma mills profited from the
situation for a long time and that had to be stopped (at the latest, when it
turned out that several government members had law degrees that had been mostly
laser printed offshore).

Also B.C. seems to have this pat down, but ON. which has about 5 times more
schools, not. Plus most immigrants land in ON and are those most gullible and
liable to buy into un-accredited mill printouts.

  Peter