list of accredited programs in Ontario ?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 15 17:04:26 UTC 2009

On 2009-04-15, Peter <plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I have been looking and looking, but I cannot find such a thing. BC has one,
> given as example here:
>
>   http://www.pctia.bc.ca/search/AccreditedInstitutions.htm

It would seem way more useful to look for particular accreditations in
something particular that you are interested in.

For instance, those institutions include things as
off-the-beaten-track as Acupuncture and "Chinese Medicine" (which
notably doesn't point you towards an M.D.!), and Clinical Art Therapy.
 It includes programs in Hair Design and certifications in Helicopter
Piloting, Hotel Management, and Adventure Tourism, and Ship's
Cabinetry.

Some of the accreditations seem like rubbish to me.  Others seem
unlikely to be relevant.  I doubt there's too much call for "Naval
Cabinetry" in Ontario, as much as that sounds like a perfectly fine,
albeit specialized, trade.

I suspect you'd be better served by pointing at what kinds of
accreditations you might be interested in, as any reasonable one is
likely to have some form of professional advocacy/oversight
organization that would be even better to point at.