spamwarrior

teddy mills teddy-5sHjOODPK7E at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 15 16:04:37 UTC 2009

Have about 100 client servers on a public network.
I have no idea what they are doing, just so long as they behave themselves.

Spam is just one part of security.

1. Currently, they are on the "honor system" and have full access to all
ports.
2. I do not want them to spam.
3. I do not block 25.
4. I do not want to block 25, unless I have to.
5. UCE can be intentional or unintentional.
    Blacklists dont care about intention.
    Any of the box can get botnetted and start spamming.

I could monitor these hosts, and hopefully disconnect/shut them down
before they blacklist my block. Check blocks and ips against blacklists.

These are reactive  solutions and seem like bad solutions.

Any ideas of how to control or monitor servers that spam?

Or would it be better just to block 25, and have all email go thru my
mail server?
(I hate to think I am just like Rogers +Bell :)