[Fwd: [Important Notice] Many activities at the CRTC that can affect you, the consumer...]

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.frey-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 14 17:13:49 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Important Notice] Many activities at the CRTC that can affect
you, the consumer...
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:37:46 -0400
From: TekSavvy Solutions Inc <support-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>
To: ivan.frey-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org

Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you today as many activities are underway to
shape/reshape Internet use as you all know it. Over the last year some
of you have been made aware and/or have seen activities on throttling in
the news or in your daily lives. Another proceeding relating to the
Internet in Canada required Telecom providers (Bell/Telus/etc.) to
provide ISPs with wholesale service speeds that match those that they
offer to their own retail customers.

Specifically, Bell has been directed by the CRTC to provide matching
speeds which would allow us all to have more flexibility in our day to
day online requirements. Instead of adhering to these directives, Bell
decided to take this issue to the federal Cabinet and at the same time
file a tariff application with the CRTC proposing to introduce Usage
Based Billing (UBB) on its wholesale customer accounts.

What does this mean for you, the consumer?

Bell provides TekSavvy with last mile, wholesale DSL access services,
which TekSavvy uses to provide you with your Internet access. If Bell
were to be allowed to introduce UBB on this service, a cap of 60GB would
be imposed on all of its users, with very heavy penalties per Gigabyte
afterwards (multiple times more than our current per Gigabyte rate of
$0.25/GB on overages). This would inherently all but remove Unlimited
internet services in Ontario/Quebec and potentially cause large
increases in internet costs from month to month.

If you'd like to make your comments/concerns known about what Bell is
attempting to do, please do so here:

http://support.crtc.gc.ca/crtcsubmissionmu/forms/Telecom.aspx?lang=e

Select the word "Tariff" from the drop down list.

Add the following in Subject Line "File Number # 8740-B2-200904989 -
Bell Canada - TN 7181" and make your thoughts known!

The deadline for filing your comments is today at midnight, so hurry!

Regards,

Rocky

Rocky Gaudrault
Chief Executive Officer