OT: Rogers business internet transfer limits?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 10 11:06:42 UTC 2009

Marc Lanctot wrote:
> On 09/04/09 03:34 PM, James Knott wrote:
>
>> The limit depends on the service agreement, just like home users.
>
> But isn't it a set limit per service, and there are only a few
> services? I thought I could get an example of what to expect.. like if
> anybody uses one of them, could they tell me what the limit is?
>
> I'm kind of surprised they don't have that info on their web site...
> but I guess I'll call if I have to.
>
>> You'll
>> have to call them. Unlike Sympatico, calling Rogers support is not
>> painful. They're located in Toronto and generally good. Some of them
>> even speak Linux. ;-)
>
> Calling Rogers is not painful? You and I have had quite different
> experiences with Rogers. I moved to Toronto in September.. I didn't
> have a bill without an error on it until February. We called 2-3 times
> on average per month, everyone gave us a different answer, and they
> were just not helpful and not polite. Over and over we had to talk to
> managers for stupid little things that they kept screwing up. Everyone
> else I know who has had Rogers has reported similar experiences with
> their customer service. Was a drastic change coming from Shaw in
> Edmonton.

I have dealt with Sympatico many times.  It's rarely a pleasant experience.

> But yes, I would still prefer cable over DSL any day, so we've stuck
> it through with Rogers.. but I would switch to Cogeco in a heartbeat
> if they offered service here -- well, maybe not a heartbeat, we'd have
> to wait out our contract so as not to get nailed with penalties.
>
> Were you referring to the Business Service people in particular?
>
> Marc

No. I was referring to Rogers in general.  I have been a user of their
services for many years and I speak from experience when I say their
support people are much better than Sympatico.  I've also dealt with
Primus, on behalf of a friend and while they're helpful, the problem is
getting hold of them.  Be prepared to spend a *LONG* time on hold.
Perhaps you can read War and Peace while waiting.  ;-)