scary things at CRTC

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 9 11:30:05 UTC 2009

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 01:19:59PM -0400, Dave Germiquet wrote:
>
>> My Stand point still stands:
>>
>> Even the root of certain "Science" is faith. Can you tell me exactly
>> the root of everything? The root of the big bang? What caused the
>> initial explosion. Can you tell me the root of DNA or the root of the
>> amoeba..or even fuller.
>>

> Can they tell you that the big bang happened?  No, because they can't
> prove it.  They can only show how measured facts match the theory that
> it did.
>

>> I'm just a fool..someone with more intelligence about science could
>> prove me right. The root of all belief of something is faith even
>> science.
>>

> The error is in thinking science claims to be able to answer all
> questions.  It does not.  It aims to find explanations, but it can't
> always provide them.  It can only provide educated guesses that fit the
> facts as well as they are known.
>
> For example:
> You need faith to believe in creation.
>
> You don't have to believe in the theory of evolution.  You can choose
> to believe it is true, and it certainly seems to fit the evidence,
> but it is still just a (currently looking quite good) theory.  No faith
> required.  Just choice based on understanding the facts.

There was a Nova show a while ago, about how some members of a
Pennsylvania school board tried to get creation taught as science.  It
went to court and ended with the recommendation that those people be
charged with perjury.  As that was shown, they tried to pass off
creationism as a science called "intelligent design".  It was amazing at
the extent they'd lie and misquote, to try to prove their case.