scary things at CRTC

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 8 15:43:55 UTC 2009

On 2009-04-08, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 11:10:16AM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
>> To me, I see anyone who dismisses the beliefs, or lack thereof, of
>> others with simple adjectives like "insane" as being equal foolish and
>> close-minded.
>
> Well perhaps.

Personally, I think books are a quick excuse for people too lazy to
figure out how the world works for themselves.  Much easier to read
and go by faith rather than to actually try to figure things out one's
self.

I also think science is being used as a means to control people who
are willing to put their trust in faith in scientists.  I prefer
people to think for themselves, but popular science seems to generally
discourage that, although I am sure there are some exceptions.  I
don't see many cases of this; people seem way more inclined to just
trust in whatever they heard some scientist said than to do any
verification themselves.

Anyone without an irony-meter should probably ignore this...