scary things at CRTC

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 8 15:21:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 11:10:16AM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
> To me, I see anyone who dismisses the beliefs, or lack thereof, of
> others with simple adjectives like "insane" as being equal foolish and
> close-minded.

Well perhaps.

I think religion is a quick excuse for people too lazy to figure out
how the world works for themselves.  Much easier to go by faith than to
actually try to understand things.

I also think many religions are being used as a means to control people
who are willing to put their trust in faith.  I prefer people to think
for themselves, and religion seems to in general discourage that.
I am sure there are a few exceptions.

The use of religion to control people and what they think (through making
them blindly believe something) is the cause of most of not all of the
wars the world has ever seen.

We would be much better off without religions at all.

Sure religions can provide a sense of community and belonging and be a
nice social activity, but so can many other things.

So well that's why I think anyone that does anything based on faith is
closed minded.  I accept that there are things I don't know the answers
to yet.  I like to learn how things work and how everything fits together,
and prefer answers that fit the facts and only the facts.  There are
no facts in religion.  There is no truth in religion.  Just stories
and tradition.  There are good morals in religion, but you don't have
to belive in religion to like good morals.

And this is all completely off topic too I suspect.

--
Len Sorensen