Serial Ports

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 22 19:01:28 UTC 2008

On Monday 22 September 2008 13:48, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> > Then I initialized the modem and USB serial port, immediately I lost
> > control of the transceiver.  So it isn't my serial card.  Permissions?
> > Some other Linux feature ???
>
> Sounds weird.  Never seen anything like that.  The USB device and 8250
> device should have nothing to do with each other.

Well it has happened to me again, now all is ok.  Sunday AM after all the
electronics had been off overnight, I booted up and I had control over the
transceiver and the digital modem, using the USB serial port and ttyS0.
Something needed a longer cooling off period between changes in config it
seems.

Thanks for your interest and helpful insights.

Regards

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can