JOSM Question

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 20 10:36:35 UTC 2008

Very late last evening I got back from a visit to see family in
eastern Ontario. Basicly a very good trip, and yes I did take my $20
GPS receiver on several drives in / around small town Ontario...

So, now I have a bunch of .gpx files that look fantastic when plotted
in the JOSM program. But at the moment I am at a slight loss on using
some JOSM features and have the following questions:

- How do I successfully delete parts of a track? Most of the plots
started and/or stopped in my mother's driveway, and I would like to
drop that driveway from the data...

- How do I tag everything as being roadways? Since everything was done
from car, all the tracks are roadways. While I would be happy to tag
what sort of roads things are later (i.e.: residential, commercial,
secondary highway, etc...), for now I just want to tag these as roads,
and get them uploaded...

- Once the above is done any thoughts on uploading?

Thanks.

Colin McGregor