Cloning a running Linux OS

John Miles jmiles242-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 12 00:51:46 UTC 2008

The data is not a factor at all in my scenario.
This would be more of a "transplant" operation, where sick server #1
maintains it's /home. It is brought online with a LiveCD OS, and then server
#2 donates it's living OS tissues to the other.

So I suppose what I am doing is simply extracting an image from a running
system, and putting it onto a dead one.

I'll just need to make sure the donor server is not abby.normal

: )

John Miles