-E-v-o-l-u-t-i-o-n-... Thunderbird + Lightning issue

Thu Sep 11 18:30:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 02:15:27PM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Okay, so I went back to Thunderbird (happy!) and installed Lightning,
> but to be blunt, it didn't work *at*all*. I couldn't even add an event,
> half the windows and context menus were blank or grayed out. It ate up a
> large portion of the screen and I couldn't see how to move it or hide
> it...
>
> What did I do wrong?

Maybe nothing.  Is your Thunderbird installed directly, or pulled from a
distro-specific repository?  I am not able to install Lightning on
Icedove (Debian).  However, I find that I am happy to use Iceowl when I
am at a Linux machine.  At work, where I use Windows for my GUI, I use
Lightning.
--

yours,

William