-E-v-o-l-u-t-i-o-n-... Thunderbird + Lightning issue

Marc Lanctot lanctot-yfeSBMgouQgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 11 18:36:56 UTC 2008

William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 02:15:27PM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
>> Okay, so I went back to Thunderbird (happy!) and installed Lightning,
>> but to be blunt, it didn't work *at*all*. I couldn't even add an event,
>> half the windows and context menus were blank or grayed out. It ate up a
>> large portion of the screen and I couldn't see how to move it or hide
>> it...
>>
>> What did I do wrong?
>
> Maybe nothing.  Is your Thunderbird installed directly, or pulled from a
> distro-specific repository?  I am not able to install Lightning on
> Icedove (Debian).  However, I find that I am happy to use Iceowl when I
> am at a Linux machine.  At work, where I use Windows for my GUI, I use
> Lightning.

I ran into the exact same problem in FC7 in my lab (and using Icedove in
Debian), but on at home on Ubuntu it works like a charm. Maybe the
Lightning user list will know why this happens. If there is a fix please
post it here because I haven't found one.

Marc

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is the inability to
understand the exponential function.