Debian Lenny and release dates

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 17 14:09:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:05:53AM -0400, Ken O. Burtch wrote:

> I have similar problems with Ubuntu 6 on coLinux.  I installed
> "taskjuggler" and then uninstalled it.  apt-get reports that the
> uninstaller is trying to run the "touch" command with the wrong
> parameters.  Now I can neither install nor uninstall taskjuggler, nor can
> I install any updates because apt-get keeps trying to uninstall
> taskjuggler and fails.  apt-get clean and apt-get dist-upgrade do not
> help.
>
> Unfortunately, there's a bug in the Ubuntu 7 image for coLinux that won't
> allow fonts to be installed.  So that limits its usefulness.

You can make it uninstall by editing
/var/lib/dpkg/info/taskjuggler.postrm and inserting an exit 0 near the
top.  That way it will simply skip whatever it was trying to do that
prevented its removal.

Not something to normally do, but sometimes things are broken.

Whatever is colinux anyhow?

--
Len Sorensen