youtube no sound

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 1 19:17:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 07:48:58PM -0400, Mr Chris Aitken wrote:
> No (see above) - I can play music through Nuendo (XP) and Totem (linux).

Well preventing sound (in linux) can be caused by artsd, esd, some other
sound server.  And as someone said, flash might use oss and not alsa,
which makes it unable to share if something else is using sound.  Alsa
programs can share, oss can not.

> It /is/ rEdiculous.
>
> /Which/ computer? It's happening simultaneously on an XP and a linux
> machine. And what "setup" do XP and ubuntu have in common?

Both have broken sound setups in this case?

> Well, I guess you're right about the ISP and youtube - I just found out
> youtube is playing music on my daughter's ubunut 8.04 machine downstairs...

So it can work. :)

--
Len Sorensen