sudo / update manager

Mr Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Sat May 24 12:32:53 UTC 2008

How do I add a user to the sudo list? I've never had to do that before
because the first user created is usually in that list.

Why it's on my mind to do this today is that Update Manager tells me
there are 61 updates I can install but I hit the Install button and get
a pretty orange status bar filling up but then the interface returns as
it did before (with no message that the installs are compete).

I'm wondering if it's because my user is not in the sudo list.

Chris