specialized Linux hosting question

Rich Lafferty rich+tlug-CncV1Atd1VQsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed May 14 21:58:03 UTC 2008

Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
 > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Peter <plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
 >>
 >> I am not a lawyer and so on but I would try to find a friend
 >> who is in the web development or virtual server business and hire
 >> him by contract to set up a virtual server somewhere.
 >
> Why virtual hosting? I would use linode.com for that: for 20$ per
> month one has entire server under her controll. No, I am not
> interested in being contracted for this :) Not right now at least ;)
> zb.

The things Linode has are "virtual servers", as opposed to "dedicated
servers" where you have a piece of hardware to yourself. You might be
thinking of "virtual hosting" aka "shared hosting" like Dreamhost.

I second the Linode recommendation, though. Here's what I had to say:

    http://www.lafferty.ca/2008/04/07/on-linode-now/

   -Rich

--
Rich Lafferty