Ubuntu 8.04 - all drives now SCSI

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sun May 11 00:44:17 UTC 2008

I just upgraded from 7 to 8 a couple of days ago and noticed the same thing. I
don't know what is causing it, but I can still read and write to and from them,
so I don't consider it a problem.

For the record, I have no actual SCSI drives on my computer, and thought it was
some kind of arbitrary FSSTND thing they agreed on, that "/dev/hd* is obsolete"
or something. I don't notice anything new in the behaviour, except that it
appears that the UBUNTU update tool has just now crashed the computer, forcing
me to press the reset button. I'm writing this letter from XP on the same
machine.

Paul King