Dvorak almost says something clever

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed May 7 00:50:26 UTC 2008

I usually gloss over stuff by John Dvorak, but his analysis of the
Yahoo-MS non-deal was close to clever.

You don't need to read the whole thing, just skip to the end. In fact
I'll save you the bother. After spending a whole column calling MS idiot
for even thinking of the aquisition, (and saying that MS should
concenrtate on its strengths rather than foolishly going after Google),
he ends with:

> And what is it with all the geniuses who think this was a good plan?
> Do the math. Forty four billion and you were considering spending
> more!? For what? Earth to Microsoft: Yahoo! is not worth $44 billion.
> You could buy General Motors lock, stock, and barrel for $14 billion,
> name all the cars "Google Sucks," and get more bang for the buck.
> Heck, you'd have enough left over to buy Ford for around $16 billion,
> and you could name all those cars "Google Sucks More" and still have
> $14 billion left over for a big party.
>
> Does anyone ever look at the market cap of these multinational firms
> for a reality check?
>
> Microsoft wanted to oust the Yahoo! board of directors. It should oust
> its own. Geez. No wonder Linux is gaining ground on you guys.

- Evan