Of Linus, KDE, and mouse buttons

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 27 20:27:13 UTC 2008

John Fruhwirth wrote:
> So, as I understand it, if I'm an Ubuntu user then I'm pretty well
> stuck with GNOME, right?
> If so, what distro of Linux should I go to as a non developer.  If
> not, how do I switch to KDE?

www.kubuntu.org -- All the hearty goodness of Ubuntu with a KDE front-end.

For more info on the relationship between Ubuntu and Kubuntu, see
http://www.kubuntu.org/faq.php

In fact, there is a way to switch from a live Ubuntu system to Kubuntu.
Using aptitude and standard Ubuntu repositories, install
"kubuntu-desktop" (which is an umbrella 'package' that installs all of
KDE's core). For more info, see
http://www.watchingthenet.com/switch-between-gnome-and-kde-desktops-in-ubuntu-or-kubuntu.html

I encourage any Ubuntu user to make the switch. :-)

- Evan