Michael Geist - Bell Secretly Throttling Wholesale Internet Services? - UPDATED

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 27 03:07:19 UTC 2008

  I'm not a P2P user, but this is the thin edge of the wedge. At
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080325.wgtinternet26/BNStory/Technology/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20080325.wgtinternet26

> Bell Canada spokesman Jason Laszlo said the company has every right
> to limit the amount of bandwidth certain applications can consume
> on its networks and those it rents to third-party ISPs.

  Bell has a partnership deal with Microsoft.  As a matter of fact,
http://sympatico.ca redirects to http://sympatico.msn.ca/

  Put on your tinfoil for a moment.  MS has enough money to make it
worth while for Bell to selectively restrict Firefox, whilst letting IE
go whole hog.

Stop the Squeegee Kids in Pinstripe Suits
Fight SAC's Canadian internet tax http://walterdnes.wordpress.com