Porting Windows -> Linux (tools/libraries)

Paul Nash paul-fQIO8zZcxYtFkWKT+BUv2w at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 15 14:19:24 UTC 2008

On 14-Mar-08, at 11:27 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> > a bunch of stuff about cross-platform software development.

I agree with you.  This particular bunch of code was written some
years back as a Windows service by programmers who have long since
left my client's company.  My client wants the app moved as quickly as
possible, without re-writing from scratch.

I have had a several of these projects in the past few years, and have
built up a bunch of compatibility routines as a result.  Yes, Wine
does provide a couple of routines, but there is a whole lot missing,
like MS-XML and SQL Server compatibility.  I also prefer to link a
small library to my code when I need Winsock and RRAS compatibility
rather than linking the entire Wine lib.

Anyway, looks like no-one here is interetsed, so I'll shelve it.

	paul