OT: I'm on Acanac and I'm getting 5Mbps.

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.frey-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 13 20:12:33 UTC 2008

Well I just installed my DSL Modem from Acanac. Since I have a router
here and the Modem was running web configuration software. I switched
the router's address to 192.168.1.2 and accessed the DSL Modem through a
regular LAN port at 192.168.1.1. On the DSL's page I switched the DSL
Modem to unmanaged, plugged it into the WAN port and configured my
router to use PPPOE.

BTW, on some of Sympatico's modems this is called bridge mode.

Right now I'm downloading a SUSE DVD image and I'm getting 511 KBps.

Ivan.