Boot Problem after Crash

Tony Abou-Assaleh taa-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 7 17:39:18 UTC 2008

Hi tlugers,

My PSU was toasted. I took the HDD out and installed it on another PC.
The file system had problems but after e2fsck it appears stable. No data
was lost as far as I can tell, but I couldn't boot into by Ubuntu 7.10
(xubunutu) Linux.

I booted using a live CD and went to rescue mode. I updated/upgraded
packages using apt-get, executed update-initramfs, and all seemed well.
I can even start apache and sshd from this rescue shell.

When I try to boot from the HDD I consistently get the same thing: I get
the BusyBox initramfs shell and I don't know how to go past that.
Nothing is mounted.

I have the boot partition on /dev/sda1 and the root partition on raid1
volume. I am using only a single drive from the raid array.

Any ideas why I'm getting the initramfs prompt on boot and how to get
past that?

Cheers,

TAA

--