Disk full -- any suggestions on what to move to SD card?

Alex Maynard maynarda-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 30 17:13:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> Alex Maynard wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
>>
>>> Alex Maynard wrote:
>>> Then there are old versions of stuff. Usually when Ubuntu installs a new
>>> kernel it doesn't get rid of the old one, so you might have duplicate
>>> old kernels hanging around. Try the command <apt-cache search
>>> linux-image>
>>> to see how many kernel versions you have installed.
>>

> The next time you boot, Ubuntu will ask which kernel to boot from.
> Chhose the latest one (which for you is 2.6.22-15). If you boot
> successfully with that then you can probably delete anything older,
> which includes any files containing "2.6.22-14".
>
> (Some people have multiple old versions lying around.)

Thanks very much. I tried taking out just 2.6.22-14 using something like
apt-get -y remove 2.6.22-14* but it for some reason I don't understand it
also took out 2.6.22-14. I guess should have been more careful in looking
up the right command. Now I am reinstalling xubuntu which looks like
it uses less hard drive space.

Alex