Toronto ADSL (Bell) and SSH

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 27 13:49:22 UTC 2008

Hey All,

Has anyone else noticed that SSH'ing to an ADSL box (which assumedly
runs through a Bell connection somewhere) causes shit performance
during regular hours? I'm aware that it's an issue with P2P, but how
about SSH?
I'm trying not to be too quick to point at Bell, but I've already
noticed that using encrypted connections seems to be dead-slow
(non-encrypted is fine, encrypted within LAN is fine), but IMAPS to my
home box from work == dog slow, and SSH'ing to my home box from work
== dog slow (except at night). In addition, I've noticed that general
internet traffic seems to run rather craptastically when I'm SSH'ed
into the box as well

Anyone else having this issue?

--
Tyler Aviss