Kickstart frustrations take 3, copying files from the source CD

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 14 19:53:20 UTC 2008

On Saturday 14 June 2008 07:20:51 Madison Kelly wrote:

> > I think nochroot option to post will help but I haven't tried yet ... you
> > should be able to chroot within your post script for things that need it.
>
> As I understand, the '--nochroot' option changes where the destination
> files are. The real location of the root directory is '/mnt/sysimage',
> but when under the chroot environment that %post runs under, it looks
> like it's actually on '/', so install scripts and what not find files
> where they expect them to be.
>
> My problem is figuring out how to get files off the DVD during the %post
> section.

This is what I was thinking ...

Put your post script on the CD along with the rest of the content you want to
copy.  Something like this (sorry I'm hazy on the paths):

  %post --nochroot
    cp /mnt/sysimage/whole_bunch_of_files.tar.gz /mnt/target/tmp
    cp /mnt/sysimage/post.sh /mnt/target/tmp

   # Chroot into /mnt/sysimage and run post install script
    chroot /mnt/sysimage /tmp/post.sh

This way post.sh will run with / set to your real disk and you will find
whole_bunch_of_files.tar.gz under your real /tmp from where you can do
anything you like.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org>
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada