Kickstart frustrations take 3, copying files from the source CD

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 14 11:20:51 UTC 2008

Fraser Campbell wrote:
> On Friday 13 June 2008 16:48:43 Madison Kelly wrote:
>
>>    There seems to be no clear docs on how to copy files from the install
>> media using kickstart in the %post section... I'm hoping someone here
>> can help. :)
>
> I too am about to go down this path, poor servers without network connections.
>
> I think nochroot option to post will help but I haven't tried yet ... you
> should be able to chroot within your post script for things that need it.

As I understand, the '--nochroot' option changes where the destination
files are. The real location of the root directory is '/mnt/sysimage',
but when under the chroot environment that %post runs under, it looks
like it's actually on '/', so install scripts and what not find files
where they expect them to be.

My problem is figuring out how to get files off the DVD during the %post
section.

Madi