RHEL 5 Enterprise Client Install Issue...

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 4 23:06:02 UTC 2008

Hi Colin,

I know i have a 1.4 ghz machine from at least 5-6 years ago that runs
linux fine, so the hardware may not be a problem.

I've had experience where the grub manager gets confused with the
drives, is it possible that grub is having issues finding the proper
drive?
Is it possible that the Hard Drive is corrupted or foo-bared?

Maybe they can try using Lilo? Don't know what luck they'd have with
that, is he trying to install grub on the MBR or partition as well?

These are some of the things I'd be thinking about.

The man who is always a newbie at something,
Dave Germiquet

Everytime I learn something new,
I realize I know very little.